This law requires the Department of Revenue to publish on its web sites certain non-voted property tax information for county and municipal governments. Within each county, the tables present the following information for each nonvoted levy by the county and municipal governments:
Table 1: Comparison of Taxes Levied all County and Municipal Governments
- Millage Rates and Taxes Levied
- 2009 Adopted
- 2011 Rolled-Back (no budget increase)
- 2011 Adopted
- Percent Change in Taxes Levied
- 2011 Adopted from 2010 Adopted
- 2011 Adopted from 2011 Rolled-Back Rate *
* Rolled-Back Rate refers to the tax levies based on last year’s budget and current assessments.
Table 2: Distribution of Taxes Levied by Property Type – County and Municipal Governments
Table 2 presents the proportion of property taxes paid for each county and Municipal non-voted levy by each of the following property types:
- Residential real property includes single family residential, real property mobile homes, duplexes, triplexes, other multi-family parcels, residential condominiums and those portions of other types of property which are used as a homestead.
- Homestead property
- Vacant lots
- Non-Residential real property includes the following types of property, excluding any portions used as a homestead.
- Commercial improved and vacant
- Industrial improved and vacant
- Other (government leasehold interests, miscellaneous and non-agricultural acreage)
- Tangible Personal Property
- Railroad property centrally assessed by the state
- Percent of total taxes levied for New Construction